Government agencies and organizations have launched a myriad of relief and support efforts for businesses and their employees who have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
The Fresh Squeezed Tech team has compiled a list of available local resources to help our ecosystem during this uncertain time.
- Roundup of COVID-19 news in Orange County
- Official Orange County government information on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus updates: read the latest news and tips regarding COVID-19 from OC Register
- $2T Stimulus package offers aid to small businesses affected by coronavirus
- If you’re unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19, you can file a Disability Insurance Claim
- If your employer has reduced your hours or shut down operations due to COVID-19, you can file an Unemployment Claim
- The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development has compiled helpful information for employers, employees, and all Californians as it relates to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Small business owner? The U.S. Small Business Administration has resources for you and is providing millions in disaster assistance loans. 🤗 More info on the SBA here: https://bit.ly/398kWwp | California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Do’s and don’ts, latest numbers, latest news, and local information–here’s your top resource to navigate the coronavirus and keep yourself safe. Via California Department of Public Health
- Attn startups & SMEs! The European Commission wants you to apply for the next round of funding from the European Innovation Council if your tech & innovation can aid in treating, testing or monitoring aspects of the Coronavirus outbreak. Deadline today!
- From drive-thru swabs available, to a list of county services being shut down, to a South Coast shutdown for 2 weeks–here’s the latest on the Coronavirus and how it’s affecting our Orange County community:
- With more employees suddenly working remotely due to Coronavirus, we can expect to see an increase in data breaches. OC startup, Active Cypher™ , is working to combat the cybersecurity gap by securing data at the file level.
- Need help adjusting to working from home? Get tips on working remotely.
Editor’s Note: We will continue to update this resource list as information becomes available. In the meantime, we are sending supportive thoughts to all those in our ecosystem who have been affected by this global pandemic. Orange County also continues to be on the front lines of innovation during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here for more info.